OC1 Titanium link removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N2DeepInAz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
So here's my issue, I ordered a brand new OC1 with the titanium band and I need to take 3 links out. Sounds like no big deal, take it to 4 jewelers who all claim it should be easy. After an hour at one, not a single one of them could get any of the pins in the links to budge. One even broke his tool set, LOL!

So I went through the instructions and couldn't find a single thing that even discussed link removal for the titanium band.

So, Oceanic, how does one remove the links from the bands?

...... I ordered a brand new OC1 with the titanium band and I need to take 3 links out. Sounds like no big deal, take it to 4 jewelers who all claim it should be easy. After an hour at one, not a single one of them could get any of the pins in the links to budge. ....
I had the same need ... but I was way more lucky than you as it took only 30 minutes for the jeweler to do the job :D

Thread update...The process has been started. I've spoken to customer service at Oceanic and they have worked it out where they are sending me the elastic band so that I can use the computer while I send the titanium band in for the link removal. They've acknowledged that some of these bands are having issues with link removal. Looks like this is going to work out and the only costs I will incur are a few bucks for shipping.

Kathy at Oceanic has been wonderful in dealing with me and making sure this gets addressed quickly. I'll keep the thread updated as things progress. So far so good, fingers crossed. Hope I get that band before my dive trip to Mexico this Thursday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom