OC BACKMOUNT: Use of inverted cylinders with RAID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rather like side mount, am a side mount instructor even, the thing to think about though, in current, off a boat, it can be quite challenging for some to do. I imagine that is why you don't see it much in Florida outside of caves.

Update: I've assembled the Kent Tooling stand on a pair of HP100's. I rolled the tanks around before and after on a stick to roughly get an idea of the CG change. It looks like it lowered in about 2 ish ish inches from the bolt centerline. I suspect the added weight will negate additional ballast. Ideally I should have weighed it but the urge to tinker with it was greater than my lack of a scale. The two long pieces of 8mm stainless above the top tank bracket are to support a carry handle. They could be removed to lighten and shift the weight a pound or two. I have mixed feeling about the carry handle at this point. It would be damn handy and not a problem in open water dives. It could be an entanglement point but no worse than regulators and stuff. Other points the base seems like it could be a clip off point. Next is hose routing and some pool time. Baby steps. Enjoy

That's an early 1900's Westinghouse/Tesla induction motor I restored on my workbench, all 250lbs of it.

Attachments

• stand1.jpg
    stand1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 86
  • stand2.jpg
    stand2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 74
  • stand 3.jpg
    stand 3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 92

Back
Top Bottom