Obtaining replacement C Card.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highmark

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Over the years my C Card has fallen apart. So i contacted NAUI to obtain a replacement
Card. Problem is i was verified back in 1976. before computers..
spring a head to to day. they do not have me listed in there data base. Bummer.
I gave them everything I had about the instructor. right down to his wife's name.
They had him listed But there just was nothing for me.. Bummer again.
I asked and asked what I could do. At the end I walked away a little unset and
confused. Till about 2 months ago i was researching this problem online.
I found and web based company that stated they can get replacement cards for all
agencies. NAUI,and all others.For a small fee. $ 45.00 Plus shipping.
SO I filled out the online form with all the information i had given NAUI before.
In about a week i received and packet with more paperwork to fill out and sign
and I had to provide a passport Photo.
I just contacted them this morning. They informed me that my replacement Card
had been mailed out on Wednesday and I will receive it first part of next week,
Also I should say. There on line classes for Open Water class work and Nitrox certs
are the lowest priced I have found.

I just wanted to tell them on line what this means to me..
smile.gif

Thanks So Much (onlinescubalessons.com)

You have been a big help to me..When all others Said sorry..Can't help you.
banghead.gif

They came thru...
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Thanks... __________________
Tight Lines and Flat Sea's
So Many Tuna So Little Time.
HM

I really hate to tell you this but you've likely been scammed.

Online Scuba has their own agency called SDA - they will likely provide that card. Which is worth the paper it's printed on since no one has heard of them - or likely will accept the card.

They're lying when they say they can provide c-cards from the other agencies. If they provide you with a NAUI card - it's likely fake as well.

David Holt, the owner has had his teaching credentials revoked from at least one agency. Several people on this forum have reported them to the BBB and Arizona Attorney General in the past but nothing has ever been done. Here's some pertinent links and there's others.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...iving/242958-onlinescubalessons-com-scam.html
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/q-...17-sda-scuba-divers-america-fact-fiction.html
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...diving/182651-catastrophic-aquastrophics.html
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/192712-online-nitrox-sda.html

You really need to go back thru NAUI and work with them. NAUI is the only agency that issues NAUI cards. Maybe someone at HQ willing to dig a little deeper - you'd think they have paper files somewhere still - or microfilm which was probably more common then.

Please report back with the card you recieve - curious to see what they sent.

Last edited:
NAUI has been around a long time about 10 or more years longer that most all of the other certifying agencies; they began when the only available means of documenting and recorded keeping was by paper.

As you have encountered problems so have I and I suspect others are in the same boat.

I called HQ some years ago asked the clerk to search my file for Clive Cussler's certification date and requested a copy be sent to me, the clerk indicated she had the copy in her hands and would make a copy and sent it to me immediately. After the passage of several weeks I never received a copy. So once again I repeated the process. Clive's NAUI certification could not be located and not one clerk admitted seeing the document ...lost forever.

Some years later Harry Vetter, NAUI instructor number 4 was visiting . He casually indicated he had contacted NAUI and the clerk indicated there was no record of him in the file.

A few days after he had departed I contacted HQ, the clerk indicated the same for me as NAUI instructor # 27.

I went over her head and contacted Cathy Cush at HQ . She discovered our original almost 50 year old paper work. She then created a new NAUI instructor category : retired instructor. In a few days Harry received "Retired NAUI instructor card number 1" and I received "Retired NAUI instructor card number 2"

So any thing is possible..

I would strongly urge that you contact NAUI HQ and talk to Cathy Cush or Mike Durst...and stand back from your mail box for a new card will be on its way

SDM
LA Co UW Instructor 11 UICC
NAUI Instructor #27
PADI instructor # 241 (or 2241 ?) <PADI had misplaced my records>
And a few more of the Instructor alphabet

The problem is that you will never know when that SDA card will be declined.

Bummer...I was able to get a replacement for my 1981 vintage NAUI card. How badly damaged is your original card? Maybe you could simply have the pieces laminated together and keep using it.

Special Advisories for PADI Dive Centers & Resorts | PADI

"Please note that neither David Holt, Aquastrophics nor OnlineScubaLessons.com have been PADI Members at any time. Please also note that the academic program offered by these three entities is not valid for PADI Open Water Diver referrals nor certification."

I will contact NAUI headquarters and talk with Cathy. Thanks for your help :)

---------- Post added September 14th, 2015 at 01:49 PM ----------

I sent an email asking to Have Cathy Cush do a check to see if she could find them. I have not received any correspondence back yet.
Question How long ago did you contact Cathy. I was unable to find her name on the list of staff at HQ.
Mike Durst is listed at the US HQ manager. And thanks for your help..

So any thing is possible..

I would strongly urge that you contact NAUI HQ and talk to Cathy Cush or Mike Durst...and stand back from your mail box for a new card will be on its way

SDM
LA Co UW Instructor 11 UICC
NAUI Instructor #27
PADI instructor # 241 (or 2241 ?) <PADI had misplaced my records>
And a few more of the Instructor alphabet

[/FONT]

Last edited:
I was unaware that Cathy was no longer with NAUI...In retrospect it was before the 50th reunion in 2000 = 15 years ago so I suspect she has retired .

Mike Durst is a very good man - Contact him and use my name...Sam 111 ( Sam IV is also a NAUI life and PADI instructor) Mike will get you a replacement card.

SDM111

Thanks Sam. That has been some time. At any rate I have written another email to Mike in hopes he can help me..
Wish me luck.

A little about me. I was certified back in 1976 when I was stationed in HI. On barbers pt naval air station.
back then the diving around the inland's was great. Many things to see and explore. But then we would dive
off a beach called prey for sex beach. It has a long finger reef that was great fishing and lobster fishing off of.
there is not to any places in Hi I have not played in the water from time to time. It was cheap to go from
inland to inland back then. My dive bubs and i would hop all over. Being I was in the air-dale, or brown shoe
we flew every where we went. So we were able to dive all over the place from grandy inland in subic bay to
Deago Garcia in the bay. There we had a pet barracuda that leaved under a swimming platform.
many times diving in the bay. at a blink of an eye would be in looking you eye to eye. can you can say.
A bottle in one breath..But after you got used to him..he did not bother you so much.
We also had Coconut crab by the mane of buster. Darn they was a drunk. Loved Sam magil bear.
he was crushed my cracking cans open. when ever a plane came in they would bring in supplies.
from Subic bay. we would stack the cases on the back wall of the hooch and that was his down fall.
he was back there cracking cans open. the wall came down on him.. We placed him under the coconut tree
behind the hooch. Busters.

I was spear fishing off of Grandy inland at 100 ft working my way around a very large head of fire coral
when I came face to face with a 300 lbs grouper. He was what I was looking for.
But before I could take a shot he was gone.. Most likely for best. It would have pulled me all over the bottom.
From there I was sent to wheadley inland Washington. That was a big change from warm water to very cold
water. But the fishing was great. kelp forest around the inland made of great spear fishing. form there
I was got out of the navy. and returned to Oregon. i was only out a bout a year. and was back in and
back at Barbers pt again.. But after going gone from there your so many years. What was so pristeen
when I was before, Was not any more.. The corals were all gone the fishing was not as good.
My thinking was. The new divers were taking the coral heads. You had to go a mile or more off shore to find
coral as it was 6 year earlier in time.That was a real Bummer to.

But in 1979 My bubs and I were diving off mili out about mile or so off shore. we came across a
Jap bomber plane with the pilot still in place with canopy still close. he was all bones. That was in aprox
65 ft of water. The next time we were there it had been opened and the plane had been stripped.
and the pilot was gone. When We found the crash site, we left plane and him intact.
that was his final resting place.. It should not have been desecrated in the manner.
From there I went to another outfit stationed in Pt Mugo naval air test station. i was with VXE6
it was an C-130 outfit. The aircraft were owned my the national seance foundation.
the navy was there to fly the aircraft for them. So we spent 6 mounts out of every year in Antarctica.
from one exstream to another. But I had a great time working on aircraft there.
We lived and worked on the Ross Ice shelf about 10 miles from land at camp called Williams field.
names ofter a guy that fell thru the ice on a D9 cat . he is till there in the cab of the cat..
My second season. One of the divers broke an arm and there was no planes coming or going out for
days. due to weather we were having . So a call was make to ask to see if there were any divers that
were able to dive to help out for 1 or 2 dives. The water there was so clear. At 100 ft was like looking
at your hand in front of of you.. They were studying star fish revolution. As it was told to. In a 20 X 20 ft
area. you could study 20 thousand years of one star fish. Did i say the water was darn cold. 32 f. we were in water heated suites. that was in 1986. My last year on the ice.
My last year in the navy. Was spent on Christchurch NZ. Great duty station. On one side of the inland
you can dive in the antarctic flow. like it is here off of Oregon, and on the other side. you get the Australia flow
warn water diving. great place. Like stepping back in time..So clean everywhere.
From there I have been working and playing off the coast of Oregon and Washington.
Well that is my life's store to date.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom