Obligatory hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frito Bandito

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Folks,

I'm an Ohio diver. We learn to dive here in uncomfortable conditions and leverage the low cost of living to travel to nice dive destinations. That's my story and as you probably know, you never let the truth get in the way of a good story. That means we don't get to travel as much as we'd like, but make do as best we can.

I've been diving since around '85 (without much logging) and I turned my girlfriend on to the fun a few years ago. Our last interesting diving was in the Revillagigedo Archipelago over last New Years from the Nautilus Explorer. Eye to eye with giant mantas is too cool!

I go by Frito Bandito as a lark, Dennis is my real name and otherwise I go by Fred. Pick a name, any name.

Hi Dennis!!! Welcome to ScubaBoard...I've done more diving since getting active here last summer than I did in the previous three years. Come visit us over in the Florida Conch forums...and I look forward to diving with you and the Buckeyes when you visit Kawama!

Hi Dennis and welcome to the board. I do look forward to meeting you and all your students in the future. The Florida Keys is a beautiful place to dive.
Like Debby said keep an eye out on the Florida Conch thread we are always putting dive trips together and are always looking for more people to join us.
Becky

Welcome, Dennis. Check out the Florida Conch Divers and see if any of the Conchs will be in Key Largo when you're there.

:colouredsmilies: Welcome to ScubaBoard! :colouredsmilies: Nice to have you, and a nice "name" as well .... Look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

Dennis,
Greetings and welcome. Hang out with us in the Florida Conch Divers, lots of good stuff going on there.:palmtree: Bob

Hi Folks!

I'm with a club (not an instructor!) in Columbus Ohio. As you can imagine, we travel a fair bit to get good diving. You folks in Florida are lucky. We normally go to Florida over Memorial Day weekend. We've been to a variety of places: Venice Beach, Key Largo, Panama City Beach, etc. I'm trying to organize a week long club trip to the keys in 2008. Right now we're trying to find the time that will let the most people participate. I feel like I'm herding cats. I've been diving since around '86 and I'm one of the less experienced people in the group. You can imagine that we've all got our own ideas about the best time and place. Regardless, this will come together.

My moniker comes from my scruffy appearance, the Frito Bandito lives!. As you can see from my avatar I don't exactly have a confidence inspiring countenance. Do not leave your corn chips unguarded...

Hello Dennis and Welcome to Scubaboard!!!

Back
Top Bottom