Oasis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vegeta82

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all!!!

I am wanting to know the low down on OASIS. As an Oklahoma Diver I have about exhausted my selection of Spots and the "Oasis" looks to be the closest spot in Texas. Is it still open? What is the vis like? Is it worth diving.

I've seen little info about it in this forum so was very curious. Thanks for the info!!!

According to Lakediver.com Oasis is located roughly 15 miles west of Denton. Oasis is the name of the quarry....

To the best of my knowledge, The Oasis is no longer open to the public. You might want to take a look at Clear Springs Scuba Park. It's probably closest to you, and it's pretty decent diving for a quarry.

Okay, I had been all over those sites like LakeDiver, and hadn't heard of the Oasis... my thoughts were maybe he heard of the Austin group's get together at the Oasis, and mistook that...

Yep, it's closed. You are not missing much. I dove it about 8 years ago when i first got my c-card. My coolest story about that quarry was that when you entered you could literally part your way through catfish. No kidding, push them out of your way there were so many. The vis was poor at about 1- 2 feet. They did have a bouyancy course set up, if you could find it. I did like the dive shop that was near there, Island Divers. Troy and I used to visit every shop in the metroplex at that time looking for stuff. Ahh those were the days.....

Thanks, for the info guys!!!

You all may not care but I dove Tenkiller in east oklahoma this weekend for the first time. I was surpirised that it was a good dive. Vis was about 5-10 above 25' but below the thermoclimb which was aroung 25' the vis. was about 15-20 feet. The temp was a brisk 65 below 25'. I dove the new dive park near Crappie Point. The park has a sesna a school bus and a boat. They were the home to a lot of quality fish. If you have a boat thier appears to be a lot of places to dive old houses and bridges. But being land locked we were limited in the places we could go. But still a good change of pace from Elmer Thomas and Murray.

Thanks again..

Back
Top Bottom