Oak Hill Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sorry its taken some time to get the announcement out, but Oak Hill Scuba recently changed hands. As many of you know, Mark and Lori have decided to follow new adventures in Oklahoma. I was looking for a new adventure and we came to terms for me to buy the shop. Now, me, my wife and the bank are the proud owners.

So what's going to change? I'll be making minor changes as time and money permit. The shop is still at the same location the instructors have all agreed to continue teaching at the shop. We still carry the same gear although I'm working on adding some additional lines. Justin still works at the shop. I'm there evenings and weekends while I transition out of my corporate job. Basically, I want OHS to be the kind of shop where people like to hang out and talk about diving. I have no aspirations of getting rich off of my fellow divers, but the shop does have to sustain itself.

A little about me:

I was first certified in 1987, in Corpus Christi. The majority of my diving has been in Lake Travis, the gulf (Texas, Louisianna, Alabama and Floridia Panhandle), Cozumel (6 - 8 times) and other carribean destinations. I was working at a dive shop at Sea Sports in Houston, and working on my Dive Master rating when I moved to Austin in 1994. I finished my Dive Master at Oak Hill Scuba and then got my Instructor in 1995. I tought lessons at OHS until I started dating my last student, who is now my wife. I went back to the corporate world and reverted back to a recreational diver. I was recently wanting to change my career path when I talked to Mark and found out about his new job. We worked out a deal and the rest of the story is my pending future.

My wife Karen is a former diver due to health reasons. She likes to go on trips with me, for the shopping experience. Our Boxer, Schatzie is in training to be a shop dog. Her specialty is having attention lavished upon her. The cat has chosen to maintain watch at the house. He wants the shop to be a success so he can maintain his standard of living.

I'm looking forward to meeting more of the local divers. Stop by and say howdy sometime.

Mack

Good luck, Mack!! I'll look for your posts on the board. Thanks for the heads up!!

Regards,

Congrats again, Mack! It was nice meeting you. Are the shop hours still the same? I need to come in and talk to you about ordering that speargun.

John

Hey John,

The shop hours are still the same. During the transition I'm there from 4 - 6 during the week and I then all day on Saturday. I'll start spending more time there as we get closer to summer.

I'm getting ready to order some speargun parts for another guy, so I can include it on that order.

Mack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom