Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkmcleod

Registered
Reaction score
Going to Oahu this feb for two weeks. My girlfriend is from there and we're going to visit family. I'm looking for any recommendations on dive charters or shore dive locations.
Also would like to do some tec dives in 150 FSw range.
will be staying at Waipahu .
Thx

Give Gabe at Kaimana a call - as a plus for your location, they're running their boat out of Sand Island now, so you wouldn't have to drive too far from Waipahu. Depending on when you're in town, they may even be doing a tech day... however, 150' might be a hard target out here. There's not too much that comes to mind between things like the Sea Tiger at 120' and the M/V Friendship at 190' and a bunch of ledges in the 200' range.

Is Kaimana the name of the shop? Do they have a website?

Give Gabe at Kaimana a call - as a plus for your location, they're running their boat out of Sand Island now, so you wouldn't have to drive too far from Waipahu. Depending on when you're in town, they may even be doing a tech day... however, 150' might be a hard target out here. There's not too much that comes to mind between things like the Sea Tiger at 120' and the M/V Friendship at 190' and a bunch of ledges in the 200' range.

How do you know about those ledges in the 200 foot range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know about those ledges in the 200 foot range?

Depends on which side of the island we're talking about.

Sent from my Shearwater Petrel using Tapatalk

Are you back on island yet?

Yep, got back before New Years. Wife had last weekend off for a change so I just went free diving with the scooter...found some weird, giant tank track looking thing just inshore of the Mokes in about 20' or so. My rEvo gets here on Friday or Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom