Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PAShark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I have to go to Oahu in July for a wedding and are looking for the best dive operations. Recommendations so far are Kaimana Divers (Gabe Scotti), Ocean Concepts and Dive Oahu. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with any of them? Who do you think is the best? Thanks.

We've had a very good dive with Kaimana, don't know about the others. Gabe and Blade remained very enthusiastic despite the horrible rain; we dove Horseshoe Reef and Kewola (sp?) Pipe.

Gabe and Drew at Kaimana Divers are one of the best outfits on Oahu. They dive all sides of the Island. Most only go out of one or two ports. Stick with them and you can dive almost anywhere on the Island as long as you give them time to plan for it. (Don't call them the day before you want to dive.)

You can't go wrong with them.

Dive Oahu is also ok, but they only depart from Waikiki so if you want to do more than 1 boat trip you risk diving the same place twice.

Last edited:
Another shoutout for Gabe at Kaimana Divers. I dove with him for two weeks summer before last and had a great time.

I assume the same still holds true: if you're the first to reserve with him then you get to pick the sites. I booked him up in the spring for diving in July, and we dove all over the island and never the same site twice (which was my goal). When we make it back to Oahu, he'll be my go to guy for sure.

Check out the Living Social Deal for today. 2 Tank Boat Dive with Aaron's for $59. Each person can buy up to two.

https://livingsocial.com/deals/35269?ref=conf-jp&rpi=9655328

Since we're going to Oahu at the end of September, we're watching for the good deals on Groupon and Living Social.

Just got it, too. Now I have a Groupon for Waikiki Diving Center and a Living Social for Aaron's. (I've got to spread my new AOW around the island. So far I have 1hr 40 min of bottom time on the Sea Tiger.)

That must be your post over on Aaron's FB page, too. :D

Back
Top Bottom