Oahu week day night dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chepar:
Coral Divers is a shop out in Aiea that is owned/run by some guys that used to work at the now defunct Hawaii Sea Adventures. Anyway, a guy named Noel who used to work at HSA and I last saw him at Coral Divers - he used to arrange weekly Friday night dives on the North Shore. Standard procedure was meet at the shop at 6, drive up to the North Shore, do a dive or two. Sometimes several people would show, sometimes only one. No charge except tank rental, just some people getting together to dive.

Anyway, I haven't been to Coral Divers since last summer and I've heard it's undergone some management changes since then, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and see if Noel is still there and if they're still doing the Friday night dives. The shop's number is (808) 488-1100.

Thanks for the info. I'll follow up, but since I'm flying out on Sat., Fri. night dives would be out.

Randy8876:
Let me see what I can find out about places to shore dive that have both easy access and not a high likelihood of having my car broke into. I could go diving on one of those dates (besides the 17th) as long as those 2 wisckets are met.

Thanks! Let me know!

Randy8876:
Let me see what I can find out about places to shore dive that have both easy access and not a high likelihood of having my car broke into. I could go diving on one of those dates (besides the 17th) as long as those 2 wisckets are met.

Randy,

What's your status on this? Were you able to find a place we might be able to go?

O2BBubbleFree:
Randy,

What's your status on this? Were you able to find a place we might be able to go?

I was hoping for something near Waikiki, but I don't think there is anything. Sharks cove and that area seems safe to park in and has fairly easy access to the water. What day would be best for you? If anyone else has suggestions for places to go, I'm eager to listen. I'll probably be moving away in another month or two, so I'm making the most of my last bit of time here.

Randy8876:
I was hoping for something near Waikiki, but I don't think there is anything. Sharks cove and that area seems safe to park in and has fairly easy access to the water. What day would be best for you? If anyone else has suggestions for places to go, I'm eager to listen. I'll probably be moving away in another month or two, so I'm making the most of my last bit of time here.

Randy,

Shark's Cove would be great with me. I did my cert dives there back in '93. It would be nice to do a 'reunion' dive.

Wed. would be best for me. We arrive on Sunday and if we have any business-related issues they should show up Mon. or Tues. So what I'm trying to say is that if I have to work late it shouldn't be on Wed.

Tues. would be my second choice, and Thurs. my third. Fri. is out since I'm flying back on Sat.

I'll PM you with contact info and stuff.

Thanks,

Anyone else wanna go?

Back
Top Bottom