Oahu SB'ers Unite!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kanonfodr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Aloha folks!

I am looking to get a bunch of the O'hana together for some fun, whether a meet & greet, boat dive, or shore dive. We all post here, several of us know personally one member or several, but what about a group shindig?

I think it would be a great opportunity for all of us to network as divers, share experiences, and gain more dive buddies. Everyone can use more friends, right? Here's three options I see so far:

1.) A simple Meet & Greet at a fairly well-known location that will allow us to reserve an area just for ourselves. Everybody can have some drinks & grindz, get to know other divers, and maybe set some dates for future dives together.

2.) A shore dive at any of the many dives sites around the island, with a nice beach Bar-b-cue to follow. If everyone contributes just a little to it (food, drinks, grill, etc.) then we can have a nice-sized party after a fun dive and get to know each other.

3.) We reserve a boat from a good local operator for a day (with enough support, of course). I'm sure there is an operator that would be willing to give a group discount if we promise enough divers on board, so that could sway some members to say yes. If we get enough people we may even have a boat all to ourselves, but that depends on how much support there is for this option.

I'm anxious to hear about what folks would want. I can't promise dancing hula girls or something, but a fun time isn't hard to come by on this island. So what do you all think?

Peace,
Greg

pot luck w/diving,, try ala moana magic island, you can shore dive rainbow reef, or kahe point and dive there as well or portlock and dive there as well but harder to get stuff ie coolers bbq down to the water area, also makai pier if a lot of rusty divers (kids can also fish from the pier), north shore is probably done for the rest of this year

yep.. shore-dive-n-bbq.

this time of year.. Halona Blowhole ("From Here to Eternity" Beach)
on the East-side could be good.

also, 'heard Makua is a great shore-dive
on the West-side (past Makaha).

bbq and a shore dive im down as long as the shore dive aint the y.o. im getting too old for that.

Well we're getting some good support so far, especially from the heavy hitters in the Oahu O'hana like Drew and Gabe. Who else is in? Also, ideas for a beach that would offer good diving along with good partying opportunity??

Peace,
Greg

um.....excuse me?pffft. im done here.

I would if i could but won't be on-island until around March.... then i'd be up!

Back
Top Bottom