Oahu in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

augustg

Reaction score
Aloha!

One of my best friends is getting married on the North Shore of Oahu.

I just wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for a budget place to stay and a good dive op.

Mahalo,

Aug

How budget is budget?
There are not many hotels on the North Shore...would you be staying in Waikiki or would you rather stay out there?

I would prefer to stay on the North Shore as all of my friends and the wedding party will be there. I am currently looking into renting a home, but I just thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone had suggestions on lodging.

Is it more cost effective to stay in Waikiki and drive to the North Shore for all of the events?

Is it more cost effective to stay in Waikiki and drive to the North Shore for all of the events?

Well with gas going up and no end in sight...your only cost effective choice is the bus. If you want to travel that way is another question.

There is a Hotel/motel type place in Laie called Laie Inn and then of course Turtle Bay resort.

What month is the wedding? Diving on the North shore is good from May to August. Other wise you'll need a rental car to make it to the dive-able sites as dive ops usually don't pick up over there.

How are your plans coming for this? I've never recommended the Laie Inn (not quite North Shore, but close) but its out there.

Also there is Turtle Bay. With what you save in Gas, Turtle Bay might pay for itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom