Oahu in fall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

We may be heading to Oahu in the fall (don't know the date yet) for 4-5 days. This year Univ of Hawaii joins the MWC for football, and our local team UNM will be playing there this year. We dont' know the date of the game yet (it won't be announced until maybe June) but we were thinking it would be really fun to fly over for a few days of diving AND attend the game.
So, since we have only been to Hawaii once (Kona), we were wondering about diving in Oct-Nov there. Dive shop recommendations, etc, would be appreciated. I remember reading something here about weather issues in winter in Oahu but don't remember much more than that. Ideas??

robin:D

No problems here. Plenty of good dives off the south shore (and great dive operators). Just check with us when the time gets closer.

That can be a great time for Oahu since it is generally before the large north swells hit and after the majority of south shore swells are over. Oahu is known for its wrecks which are mainly off the south and west shores. You're in for a treat.

Aloha -
Oahu in the fall will be amazing, the coral reefs, shipwrecks and of course Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles are great for diving year round. Living Ocean is a small family owned dive operation in Honolulu and we'd love to take you diving this fall! We dive on every side of the island to get the best conditions possible no matter what time of year it is. You can look at our current dive reports and some dive sites on our website Oahu Scuba Diving | Living Ocean Scuba - Oahu Scuba Diving Tours and Certification Courses in Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
Please feel free to call (808) 436-3483 for any advice on diving or other general recommendations for your trip to Oahu; we really enjoy helping to make sure that people get the most out of the time that they have on our beautiful island!

I've been going to Oahu for .....the last 13 out of 14 years in the fall. Normally Oct.-Nov. (always a blast during halloween, a little crazy, but fun) I normally get in 25-30 dives while I'm there. Always fun & relaxing. Great place to see the big sea turtles! Most of the dive outfits on the island are good, friendly & save. I normally dive with Aquazone in Waikiki wehn I go. have fun!

Anytime is a good time to dive Oahu as mentioned earlier. It's good to get your booking set beforehand and if you are looking for multiple days make sure you contact an operator who can get you out to all sides of the island. Must do list would include Seatiger, YO 257, Mahi and Corsair.

ALOHA!

G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom