Oahu Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeSakamoto

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently got my OW and looking for new gear. Where do you guys buy gear on Oahu? How are the dive shops (service, selection and prices)? Do you guys buy from dive shops here or internet?

Thanks in advance.

Island Divers Hawaii -- great service (before AND after the sale)

Ocean Concepts -- wide selection and several stores all over oahu

South Seas Aquatics -- good prices (even on boutique items)

Leisure Pro -- online retailer (good prices, but order a bunch of items at a time to save shipping)

I've heard Island Divers and some other shops mentioned positively on this board several times. How about their prices? Are they selling at MSRP or somewhat close to internet prices?

Hi Mike, Congratulations on your OW and welcome aboard!

Choosing a dive shop has a lot to do with location.

I've found reasonable prices and have had good experiences
with a number of places -- such as See in Sea (kakaako),
Aaron's (Kailua), SSA (waikiki), Surf n Sea (haleiwa),
and a place in Aiea that I can't remember the name of.

But like other things, your mileage may vary.

Mail order is OK but postage is high.
Another alternative is to look for used gear in the Sunday paper.
Lots of bargains can be found there.

Don't forget fishing supply places for knives, gloves, etc
and places like McCully Bike Shop often have different choices
for masks, booties and stuff.

Coral Sea is the shop in Aiea.

BTW is there anything in peticular you are looking for? My garage seem to be a scuba wharehouse.

I just don't find warranties that great. I bought a Grey market Suunto and they just fixed it anyway????? Not sure why but they did.

I love Scubatoys and Leisure Pro, myself. I like all the operators on Oahu but the prices are just better online.

Ah, Louie,
But when I call the shop and it will take 3 weeks to get my regs serviced??????
I Like IDH and you have a GREAT bunch of PROS working there, But 3 weeks?
Jimbo

While in Key Largo I frequented World Watersports and ended up recieving monthly divers direct e-mail specials (diversdirect.com). Among the deals I've got is a 5mm Mares wet suit for $99. Spend over $250 and shipping is $13, even to Hawaii. The biggest problem with buying from a Florida store is returns. All their gear is legit, but it's a long way for service.

Most Island shops have an extended Ohana. You could visit all the ones in your normal circles of travel, chose the one with the best Mana and join the Ohana. Hopefully any overcharges will be made up with deals on stuff down the road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom