Oahu Dec 26- Jan 4 - Shore or boat dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackfish

Registered
Reaction score
I'm headed out to escape Seattle's drizzle and to visit my god daughter and would love to hook up with some SB folks (fellow vacationers or locals) for some shore dives or charter trips.

The charters on Oahu that seem to float to the top of the list from previous posts are Oahu Scuba Divers, Aarons, Paradise Divers and AAA Divers (nice post AlaskaDiver). I'm not looking for tech dives, but I'd would like to go with an outfit that is going to let me dive my air & won't expect me to play follow these fins. Any other thoughts?

I'll be staying on the West Side and then on the North Shore---the surf will be big, but then I'm a washed up surfer, so I'll enjoy it.

Mahalo folks!:blinking:---I know y'all get spammed with this sort of stuff on a regular basis.

Well the west and the south side are my favorite shore dive spots. AAA is the only operation that has their own boat, the others buy wholesale seats off boat operators. AAA's boat is very nice and built for divers. Roger and Leesa give the royal treatment, see this post

http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=169807

The other plus for AAA is you dive your air/computer, not a pre-set limit. In fact, if you don't have a computer, Alex will loan you one. They Elysium is a new custom-built dive boat and since Alex limits the number of divers on board, it is about as close as you can get to a private charter without booking one. I second the vote for AAA Diving.

Being that you will be staying on the West shore please keep in mind that the weekday AM Traffic to Waikiki is murder. Operators diving out of Waikiki won't pick you up, you'll need to drive in yourself. On a good day, with out traffic, it takes about 40+ minutes to get to or from Waikiki - AM traffic can turn it into much more. This in mind you will have to leave at around 6 AM to make it to Waikiki in time for your charter. You might want to consider diving with an operator that dives the West shore (3 dive boats run out of Waianae). They will also pick you up and take you back to your hotel. The West shore has some fantastic sites i.e. : The Mahi, Air plane canyon, Makaha Caverns, A frames, Black Rock, 5" reef (Amo reef).

Thanks and the same to you VBlueV (do you think I over decorated ?....:D)

Thanks for all the information folks---especially the tip on traffic---much appreciated.

Leesa - Do y'all dive out of Waianae?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom