Oahu Car rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enterprise on Kapiolani.

(or is it Budget?)

anyway, its the one the BMW dealer uses. No airport pick-up but very good rates.

20/day?

so, for anybody coming in to the airport, the thing to do is shuttle/taxi to the there and the weekly rate is excellent.

Tradewinds U-drive is much less than the airport outfits. They are not at HNL but will pick you up when you arrive. I used them for several weeks until my car arrived.

I got a pretty good deal with thrifty and heard if you book it way in advance they cut you an even better deal. (my friend who got the deal is a better talker than I am)

If you haven't booked your airfare and/or hotel yet, you may consider looking at the online travel agencies (Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.) as sometimes they offer good deals when you combine car rental with the other stuff at the same time. This is what I did with Maui.

Also, if you will be staying in Waikiki (where most of Oahu's hotel rooms are located) you may want to reconsider having a car. Most if not all the hotels charge extra for parking and some don't allow repeated in/out (meaning you pay each time you park). Street parking is near-impossible to find and traffic is awful especially on Friday and Saturday evenings. If you need a car to visit other parts of the island you may want to limit it to the few days you really need one and plan the trip accordingly.

all set, thanks. Advantage had the best rate. Mahalo...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom