Oahu Advice: Kailua and Shore Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kiwidives

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My boyfriend and I are going to be diving in Oahu from June 27-July 1st.

So far we plan to dive some wrecks around Honolulu and make a few shore dives on the North Shore (if conditions permit).

What's the western side of the island like? Is it worth it to do some boat dives out of Kailua as well? Does anyone have advice for must see shore diving sites on Oahu?

Thanks in advance! :)

You can rent gear at Honolulu Scuba Company 670 Auahi if you are going west to Kahe Beach Park (Electric Beach) this shore dive is worth a look. North Shore should be great then. I believe Surf N Sea still rents scuba gear. Anyone chime in on that? They are North shore. Sharks Cove being the obvious choice for a visitor. Classic. Go right after you come out of the cove.
No boat dives out of Kailua. Only east, south, and west shores. We run the only west side boat if you want to do the dives there (underwater lava tube on the menu).

If you only do a couple days, Sharks Cove and Electric Beach and you will have a good set of dives. There are south shore facing dives as well (Point Panic) but we are is summer swell. Better for you to go North or West.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom