O2 toxicity on EANx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The digital readout isn't the part that's inaccurate; It's the O2 sensor itself. Your analyzer might read 20.9, and mine might read 22% from the same gas.

Not sure of your point but yes. It is.

That's why I set it to air: 20.9%.
If you want to be pedantic then your analyzer is "precise" not "accurate":no:

On moderate depth dives I keep my PO2 around 1.1- 1.3. On deep dives, I bring that all the way down to 0.9 for the working part.

Meng Tze- Please define for everyone what is moderate depth versus deep dives for you. Thanks

dk

Well yea. Keep in mind that all of the tables and clocks are based on the best information we know right now. It's entirely possible that someone could go into OxTox staying above the MOD and short of the 24 hour clock. These aren't absolutes.

That said, the depths and times are pretty conservative. I always get a good chuckle out of the myriad of threads on "What should I put in my pony?" There's huge fear of taking even a single breath off of a pony full of Nitrox at 1 foot below the MOD.

-Charles

I know what you mean. I have 50/50 in one of my bailout bottles. I told someone that I use it down to 100ft. He said that I was limited to 70. I simply told him that IF i was on my bail out, I'd be to 70 ft in 2 breaths or less.

Back
Top Bottom