O2 sensor storage and service life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghetto Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
How do you store your sensor? I know some can be had with a cap, but does it really extend the sensor life? From what I have gathered the answer is, meh.
I have contacted the sensor mfg for my unit, Sensoronic, but really didn't get a straight answer, only that...do not refrigerate or freeze.

I just leave it in a drawer and check it against pure O2 every so often. When it dies, i buy a new one. $$ caps to save pennies is silly, biggest factor is how much goop got put in ur specific cell at factory anyway.

O2 sensors degrade with time. I have a sensor cap on mine and it lasted 4-5 years. YMMV.

I emailed Teledyne Analytics about the life span of the R17S sensor that is used in the El Cheapo by Oxy Cheq.

He stated that they last between 1 to 2 years. He did not state the usage rate or storage criteria.

I can only assume that they last longer than two years with light usage and proper storage.

markm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom