O. S. system Dry suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba860

Reaction score
Im looking at a O.S. system drysuit. Any one out thier using one. I was looking at package a dive shop had ,hood, gloves undergarments and fleece socks for around $1600 dollars. If you have a O.s. drysuit let me know if you like it.

scuba860:
Im looking at a O.S. system drysuit. Any one out thier using one. I was looking at package a dive shop had ,hood, gloves undergarments and fleece socks for around $1600 dollars. If you have a O.s. drysuit let me know if you like it.
OS Systems makes fairly good nylon shells (if that's what you want). I bought a used one. However, I think that for $1600 you can do better. I paid $300 for mine, including undies, and had the guy throw in that old regulator in the corner of his garage as well (a Poseidon, tee hee hee...).

I have an OS nautilus suit I bought about 7 years ago, I have well
over 200 dives on it. I've had it in water from 46 to 70 with the underwear
that comes with it and been fairly comfortable. The polytrilaminate
nylon shell is nice because you have a good degree of flexibility with
this type of suit over a neoprene suit. The exaust valve is in the left
bicep area of the arm. To vent the air you have to raise your left arm
high and get the air in the suit to go up into the area where the valve
is. After many dives it becomes second nature. In fact, I went on a trip
to Bonaire, and dove in a 3.2 wetsuit for the first time in many years.
I was involuntarily doing two things the first day: trying to 'inflate' a
non-existent inflator valve when I was descending, then I was trying
to 'vent' non-existent air by raising my left arm when I ascended !

I have an OS Systems-Basic drysuit that I bought in 1995. I have hundreds of dives on it and am completely satisfied. I finally replaced the seals on it last year.

Granted, I completely dry it out and perform normal care/service on it after every trip. Proper care and feeding of your suit will make it last for many years.

The price tag does not sound like it is much of a savings over average retail, if it is one of their upper level suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom