O-Rings in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
Two dive center in Thailand told me they have problems with the O-Rings.
One told me he buy Silicon O-Rings for between tank valve and first stage at 15 Baht but the size is never perfect right so he has sometimes problems with them.

The other told me that they buy NBR O-Rings for that purpose at 35!!!!! Baht, but they don't hold long.

As I work in a sealing company I thought to import good viton O-Rings in shore 90 from USA, that sizes:

>>> AS-214
>>> 116
>>> 112
>>> 111
>>> 015
>>> 014
>>> 013
>>> 012
>>> 011
>>> 010
>>> 003

my question: is there really a demand in Thailand or does already every 2nd DC import them in large quantities.
Price the biggest would be maybe 10 Baht (AS-214) all others have so low purchase price that they cost virtuelly nothing, just the shipping and handling.
Please let me know if that makes sense.
Please note: not meant as spam and I don't have any at the moment.

yes but as they are not made here they will get minimum 100 % import duty whacked on them.

now if you could get me viton o rings at 10 baht a peice I'll have a nice big order for you :D

will get them in approx 2-3 weeks. I worry a little bit for the import duty, but as we can usually do the hydraulic seals, hopefully we are lucky with this one. Will contact you once we have them really on hand....

Back
Top Bottom