O-Rings, Housing and Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06

Contributor
Reaction score
Just want to get some opinions...If I won't be using my housing for a little while, should I be removing the o-ring, greasing it and store it in a plastic bag or should I just leave it in the housing? Thanks

If I'm not using the housing for a while then I remove the o-ring(s), clean it, lightly grease it and store it in a ziploc bag. I store it flat and near the housing so I don't forget or misplace it.

If you leave the O-ring in for long term storage it can take a "set" and may leak.

My Nikonos came with a set of orange storage O-rings to keep any dust or moisture out of the camera. I think this is a good idea for a housing and is potentially a good use for an old O-ring. Just be sure to put the "new" one in before you go diving.

I replace the main O-ring on my housing at least once per season.

You should
1. not store usable o rings in the housing and
2. make sure there are storage o rings in place of the usable ones whenever a camera is being stored

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom