NX2000 vs. ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

canuckton

Registered
Reaction score
Halloo,

I am being finagled to teach once again, and the store I work for has a policy of instructors using gear we sell. Fair enough.

However, that rules out my trusty OMS backplate and/or IQ pack.

I need to buy a BCD for teaching...I'm in the Pacific NW, coldwater, drysuit. I would prefer to hold 10-15 lbs in my BCD...sooooo...

I have available: Seaquest/USD, Apeks, Scubapro, or Mares.

The Scubapro I think is out. We don't sell much here. The Mares Syncro Powertech is ok, but the valve digs into my shoulder.

I've been thinking Apeks NX2000, which is essentially a Zeagle Tech with twin ripcords instead of a single. But what I want to know (since we don't have one in stock) is it essentially the same as a Raider? Is the raider also made in the UK, or is it Mexican, like the Black Diamond? Is the fit the same?

Because for teaching, I would prefer the Seaquest weight pockets, not the ripcords. But I want the durability of a UK made heavy cordura BCD.

Whaddya think?

I have been using the Seaquest Balance. It works well when not in Doubles. Key man is really good on Seaquest. The balance has some ditchable weights, but I also use a weight belt with a small quantity of weights to aid in demonstrating skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom