Nudibranch inspired scuba socks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just took the Etsy ones down in an act of good faith that I respect the artists work and his request not to use it.
I'm trying to figure out how to switch out the pictures on here and for the life of me can't navigate this darn site to the proper editing section. Help?

I'm happy to work with the photographer and of course it was not my intent to breach copyright. There wasn't a water mark that I could see. It was just a google image search

*just had my sister(who is converting my drawings of the patterns to files), send me the original image found, there is a watermark. I will rectify this with Kevin of course.

Jamie,
One of the first and possibly the best picture ever taken of a nudie was taken by Jack O' Neil at the very beginning of the fascination with micro UW photography in 1957 ? and was featured as a cover on the long defunct Skin Diver magazine.

In the event things do not work out with Kevin PM me and I will look it up and make a copy for you.

However, Kevin is a dear close friend of mine since his initial introduction to the UW world. He is in every sense of the word a true gentleman . I suspect you two can reach a mutual win/win agreement.

Once again good luck with your dive themed socks ! Great Idea

Cheers from CenCal
SAM

Jamie,
One of the first and possibly the best picture ever taken of a nudie was taken by Jack O' Neil at the very beginning of the fascination with micro UW photography in 1957 ? and was featured as a cover on the long defunct Skin Diver magazine.

In the event things do not work out with Kevin PM me and I will look it up and make a copy for you.

However, Kevin is a dear close friend of mine since his initial introduction to the UW world. He is in every sense of the word a true gentleman . I suspect you two can reach a mutual win/win agreement.

Once again good luck with your dive themed socks ! Great Idea

Cheers from CenCal
SAM
Thank you. I appreciate that. There are so many nudibranch patterns I'm working on that I don't want to step on anyone's toes regarding the creatures reference photograph.
I will do whatever is necessary to make this right.

You have to be very careful when using a photo found on the internet. Even without a watermark most photos are still the copyright of the photographer. You can usually right-click on a photo and search Google images for the original.
This is a good article explaining copyrights of work found on the internet.
Copyright Fair Use and How it Works for Online Images

Also, since 1977 copyright protection lasts for the lifetime of the author/artist plus seventy years. Very little work found on the internet is considered Fair Use. It's always best to ask the photographer for permission to use their work. Depending on what you will use it for, many will allow that use for free or for a small fee.

Last edited:
You have to be very careful when using a photo found on the internet. Even without a watermark most photos are still the copyright of the photographer. You can usually right-click on a photo and search Google images for the original.
Thanks for the tip!

I've reported this post so I can get the images removed and start over using just my fabric designs(which I'll be copyrighting thanks to this posts valuable lesson learned).
Thank you everyone for understanding I meant no harm in using images of Nudibranchs not taken by me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom