Nubblelight house/cove 5/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
My buddy and I ducked out early from work and headed to Nubble. The marine forecast was winds 5-10 knots, winds from South/southwest and seas 1 foot or less. As we left Merrimack, the sun was shining and temps in upper 60s. When we got there, it flat calm and more like a lake. From the entry point, the vis was crystal clear. Once we were in, it was definitely the best vis I've had there as long as could remember. Probably 25-30 feet? No algea bloom. Definitely one of my top 5 dives there ever. It was still cool. Temps 39-41 at depth, and 44 at some parts. In hindsight, should have dove Dry.

We entered at the lowest tide. (High was at Noon) Entry wasn't that bad.

Still had a couple great dives.

Dive 1

In 5:51, 56 min bt. 56 max. We dove to the point and searched for the resident Northern Red Anemone. We found several other Anemone's but the resident one we normally feed was closed up. Lots of comb jellies. We went to the other side of Island and couldn't help noticing all the abandoned piles of pots:paranoid:

For surface interval, needed to warm hands up a bit so got an $$ Fox's cup of Chowdah which did the trick. ($5.89!)

Dive 2
In 7:32, 50 min bt, 56 fsw max. 2nd dive, we crossed over the point to take adv. of great vis. and calm seas. Ordinarily, the closer to the surface has a lot surge and poor vis. We were crossing over around 15 feet checking out nooks along way for critters. We saw lots of fish in the nooks hiding. And yes, a few bugs. We surfaced as sun was just about to set.

Headed back to Ruby's to catch end of Sox and Bruin's game. Sucked watching Flyers score during power play.

Attachments

• 29325_1379216914612_1057579238_31114855_500943_s.jpg
    29325_1379216914612_1057579238_31114855_500943_s.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 30

Back
Top Bottom