NSS-CDS Board of Directors Election

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard FDC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Where else but Florida, the World Center of Diving
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For NSS-CDS members it's time to vote for the Board of Directors. I just spent the last few months working closely with the current board and have been very impressed with their professionalism. The general manager, Adam Hughes, and all the board members gave me the help and support I needed to organize a successful workshop. Three current board members are up for reelection. We have a very capable slate of candidates for this election and many of them are my friends but I strongly support re-electing the current board members- Joe Citelli, Cheryl Doran, and Al Clements. These individuals have worked tirelessly and thanklessly in the best interest of the NSS-CDS. The board has led the organization through a very difficult time that could have literally destroyed it. We made it through and just a short time later we have very positive things happening. The NSS-CDS is looking at a bright future. There is work to be done and now is not the time to change course. I recommend a vote for Joe Citelli, Cheryl Doran, and Al Clements!

2017 BOD Candidate Platform Statements - NSS CDS

There is at least one detailed discussion on Facebook regarding this topic but since there has been one post on the topic here, I wanted to (at a minimum) acknowledge my support for a fourth candidate, Bob Schulte. Aside from posting a very eloquent video in support of his candidacy <g> he has many other qualifications, not the least of which is years (if not decades at this point) of experience exploring varied cave systems across the state, and managing / leading exploration projects.

Kate as a Scubaboard moderator couldn't you at least feign neutrality? LOL
Why? She has a right to express her opinion!

Emotions always get high with these elections. I've been told by several to read the platforms. I haven't done that yet, as I really don't like cave politics... even reasoned politics. As long as the election results are honored, we will be OK... unlike the NACD.

I'm still not sure who all is running, but if Al Clements is on there, he's got my vote.

To be clear, I am posting my opinion as an individual and don't think it came across as anything else. Furthermore, i wouldnt have posted anything if you hadn't endorsed other candidates.

I feel strongly about what Bob would bring to the board, and even if I don't agree with every single one of his platform points, I understand where he is coming from and have some idea of why he feels the way he does.

I appreciate the hard work the BOD has done. I realize that the work is more than I can imagine and that it is more often than not thankless and misunderstood.

That being said, I was uncomfortable with HOW some things transpired over the past months (recent years). My opinion, I'm allowed. I don't think certain actions would have occurred *the way they did* with someone like Bob around. Again, my opinion. I am not criticizing anyone for what was done I am just stating my opinion on the topic.

Kate as a Scubaboard moderator couldn't you at least feign neutrality? LOL

Thanks! I'm glad we've been able to bring attention to this thread. The current board has been a pleasure to work with and I support the re-election of Joe Citelli, Al Clements, and Cheryl Doran even thought many of the other candidates are my friends and would be good leaders. Now is not the time to change the course of the NSS-CDS when so many positive things are happening. Thanks again :)

I'm on the CDS Board. I don't agree with everyone else on the board all of the time. They don't agree with me all of the time either. But there is no doubt in my mind that every sitting member of the board has the best interests of the NSS-CDS in their hearts. I also believe several candidates that are not on the board have the best interests of the NSS-CDS in their hearts.

I have to admit, I am extremely excited that a number of people have stepped up to run for the BoD. It shows they are engaged in the organization and want to be involved. I'm also excited to see people advocating for some candidates. Once again, it shows they are engaged in the organization and want to be involved.

I am not going to try and sway anyone to vote for one candidate or another; you're all adults and should be able to think for yourselves. I also think it would be highly improper for a BoD member to do so. However, I will say that voter turn-out has been very low the past few years and this has to change. I have heard a lot of complaining about the recent by-law vote, but only 1 in 5 of the members cared enough to make their opinion heard by casting a ballot. If you are a CDS member, are in disagreement with that by-law change, and did not vote then you can only blame yourself.

I would like to encourage every NSS-CDS member to read the platform statements and cast a ballot for the 3 candidates you feel will do the most to help our organization. I know I did.

Fully support the CDS, and will respect whom ever ends up on the board.... old member or new. I have read all of the statements and cast my vote.... The CDS needs positive support, which they will always get from me. i enjoy the events, I find them fun and at times educational. Im also pleased to donate in any way needed... time, money, etc. Would like to see more frequent member socials. annnnnnnnnnd thats my 2 cents! Thanks.

As a person who is neutral on the election, since I am running it, my comment is vote!!!! It is amazing the number of people who don't exercise their right of membership

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom