• Desert Ridge

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Biltmore Area - 24th Street and Camelback

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Thursday November 20th - 6pm

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Saturday November 22nd - 4pm

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Other - Please specify ideas in the thread.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calle Roo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, the time has come, and it's time for some suggestions for Novembers Meet & Greet. :meeting:

I figure with the holidays coming near, this may be the last Meet & Greet till the beginning of the year. I'll still host 1 in December, but am not expecting a huge turnout.

Its great to see new faces at the Meets and even seeing that a lot of ya'll got to dive together since than.

The above poll is multiple choice, so please specify which location and date/time works best for you.

Thanks so much, and I'm excited to see everyone again soon!

It's my escape from reality. :wavey:

out of sympathy for scubajcf - that's way out west for most of us, but still requires a trip through customs for him. :rofl3:
And selfishly, it's not far from my house, which would motivate me to actually attend one.

Hey. I haven't missed one yet.

Just a thought .... by moving it to 7P, does that help with traffic, work, etc.?
Desert Ridge is good. There is a Dave and Buster there.
I have done Scuba get togethers at On the Border and the Office at Desert Ridge. Parking can be a pain in the butt!

Another thought is the Elephant Bar on Scottsdale and 101. The GM there is a big time Scuba guy and I am sure he would work with us?

Just to support one of our community members, I would vote the Elephant Bar on Thursday night at 6/7pm?

jcf

Hey. I haven't missed one yet.

Just a thought .... by moving it to 7P, does that help with traffic, work, etc.?
Desert Ridge is good. There is a Dave and Buster there.
I have done Scuba get togethers at On the Border and the Office at Desert Ridge. Parking can be a pain in the butt!

Another thought is the Elephant Bar on Scottsdale and 101. The GM there is a big time Scuba guy and I am sure he would work with us?

Just to support one of our community members, I would vote the Elephant Bar on Thursday night at 6/7pm?

jcf

PM me his info. Being there are so many votes for Desert Ridge, that Elephant Bar isnt much further.

Elephant bar would be PERFECT. They have a nice outdoor patio I bet the manager would reserve for us that holds at least 25 people.
He's a real nice guy, too, and it's just off the 101 near the harkins cinema (actually, much closer to scottsdale road, but in the complex that harkins is in).
I second the motion!

Can anyone attend this? Or is this like a secret society meeting? Do I have to get like a Hells Scuba tattoo or something before I'm allowed in? :wink:

Just kidding. If they let the likes of me show up they'll let anybody in. You'll have to learn the secret handshake though. Similar to the Bass Ale handshake. As far as the tat goes; it isn't what you get as much as where you get it. :O

Steve.

You don't want to know where Steve put his tatoo. :no:

Can anyone attend this? Or is this like a secret society meeting? Do I have to get like a Hells Scuba tattoo or something before I'm allowed in? :wink:

Ali, I dont know about you, but I feel intimidated sometimes going into dive shops and asking about gear, trips and diving in general. Another thing was, I wanted to go out to Lake Pleasant, because I saw everyone dives there so much, but didnt want to just show up, and not have a buddy or I felt like I'd be a hassle because of me having less experience than most.

So I've been hosting these Meet & Greets, so anyone, certified or not, can come and chat about certifications, trips and anything else they wish. Its a great way to get comfortable with the group, that actually dives locally.

I also love it, because it gives me an excuse to get out of the house. :wink:

So, as it appears so far, Elephant Bar will probably be the next Meet & Greet site, but I'll post for sure in the next few days. But definitely come out, and bring any fellow dive buddies you may have.

I usually do raffles for gift certificates and last month The Scubateers donated a 2 person boat dive, which was so awesome!

Back
Top Bottom