Novae - Dive SST-50 Flashlight 1200LM (100M) + MORE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The light from the 900 doesn't look much different than the 1200 in the photos. Was the settings on your camera the same for each photo?

Well as I stated a few times in the write up....the difference between the two as far as brightness goes is marginal. It's a 300 lumen difference between the lights....not exactly a day and night difference (well perhaps 0 and 300...but not 900 and 1200). Yes the camera was in full manual mode. Taking into consideration my 900 may be 1000 and the 1200 might be 1100....

As stated...for the money you will not find another light this bright in a metal light. The construction is solid and these lights have a good color (temperature) and put out a ton of light. I have no affiliation with Novae Products. I own a few of their lights. If one breaks on me...I will probably throw it away and buy a new one.

Seb, how was the dive? Any other beam shots?

Adrian tells me that he'll be getting some 35W HID lights. I can't wait to see those!

Unfortunately today's dive didn't happen. Got stuck at work late lastnight and had to get some sleep. Diving every day while working full time has it's price. Got off late again today (it's 2am here) but I'm getting up in a few hours to head out for a dive so I'll get the pictures in the morning. Just plugged in all the lights and camera and I'm off to bed. Thanks for being patient on the beam shots everyone. And yes I've talked to Adrian about those lights too...look forward to taking them on a dip.

Sebastian--

Clearest image I was able to get. The underwater beam shots are just too close and the vis wasnt' very good today. Here you can see how little difference there is between the lights beams.

S

Attachments

• P9280004.jpg
    P9280004.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 195
Thanks for the information !
My P7 (first gen, with the silver part not fixed yet) was flooded and i'm looking for a remplacement. The SST50 looks quite larger than the P7, is it possible to get a shot with the flashlight in the hand ? Thanks !

My P7 (first gen, with the silver part not fixed yet) was flooded and i'm looking for a remplacement. The SST50 looks quite larger than the P7, is it possible to get a shot with the flashlight in the hand ? Thanks !

You can go to DX and get measurements on both lights. The SST-50 uses the li-ion version of C cells I believe while the P7 uses 18650's which are sort of longer versions of AA cells as far as the size is concerned. So the body is going to be bigger in the SST-50 light.

Were you not able to get your P7 to work again? Most people who experienced floods were able to get them working again as long as the light was taken apart and soaked just after the flood. Clip the spring to make it shorter and many people haven't experienced any more problems.

Ummm...Look back a page. I thought I did a decent size comparison picture of the two lights on the initial review.

The SST50 looks quite larger than the P7, is it possible to get a shot with the flashlight in the hand ? Thanks !

There's a picture of the torch in-hard on the novaeproducts dot com site. Unfortunately I can't link or add photos here yet until I've 5 posts!

I'm about to buy one of these, just waiting for a payment into my paypal account...

Light in my hand is going to differ from another person's hand. Hence the quarter and lighter in the picture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom