Notice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Last night I had my hands full. It seems there is a group of individuals bent on destroying an individuals reputation. Weather the accusations are true or false, This forum is not the place to discuss this. I am staying neutral on this matter and refuse to use the BC's for this kind of behavior.

I had SB Staff intervene, and between them and myself, we deleted, edited, and PM'ed all the crap away. What a mess! I am getting calls, Pm's and emails from everyone and their brother in the dive community. I tried to start the BC's for the advancement of new divers, and for a gathering place for beach divers. I put my heart and soul into this and in a couple hours I feel like it has all but collapsed. This really hurts me that individuals in this community are bent on inadvertently destroying what I have done. I am not a quitter, so, I have come to the conclusion that I am going to revert the BC's back to the original composure that was once there. As of today, There is no club. BC's is a scheduling group for dives and dives alone. Period! No board members, no meetings, no club events, no sponsors, no drama. If anyone wants to come dive at the beach, they are welcome! I can always use help, as this is a big weight to carry.

Thank you,

Rick

Rick
You as always have my full support. What you have started is great and I would hate to see it go.
This past weekend was hard to deal with but its behind us so lets all move forward with a positive attitude.

Anything you need Rick please do not hesitate to call on me.

Rick thanks again for making the Beach Crabs what it is.

Rick,
Don't let the weekend drama get you down. In my opinion it is sad that a few individuals could not handle their issues with one another and instead tried to use this forum as a personal attack arena. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

That being said, whether a organized club with officers, etc. or just a group of friends who happen to use the same website for scheduling a dive is irrelevant. Remember, what it is really about is the people. To me diving is about 25% about the dive itself and the rest is about the camaraderie and the people. There is a reason that I will drive for 2 hours to dive with this group of people.

I remember when I posted about my first panic attack on this board. It surprised me the amount of support that came from this community and specifically, how many Beach Crab members sent me messages of support, encouragement, and showed a willingness to help a new and unknown diver out. This really meant a lot for me and this group has earned my respect for that.

The reason I will drive so far to dive with the BC's is the people. Everyone I have met with has been so friendly and welcoming it hardly feels like I'm meeting you all for the first time.

And Rick, your personal encouragement to everyone using safe diving practices and good buddy checks impressed me greatly and is the type of role model I feel all new divers should have around, for that I thank you.

Nick

Yaaay! No drama!! There's too much of it everywhere else in our lives. Diving is my hobby that I've come to fall in love with so let's just sit back, relax, dive and co-exist! Thank you Rick!! I'll still be voting for you for President 2008!!!!

I just wanted give my apology for my part in the weekend drama. Had I been out diving like I should have been we wouldn't be here. Rick, thanks for your dedication to what you do, and sorry about your headache! Keep up the good work!

Rick,

I have always believed in you and what you do for the local diving community. It is your passion and we all benefit from it.

Sorry for my post yesterday and thank you for keeping things straight.

I still remember back in 2005, the first time I dove with you at Leo and met your better half ( :) ).

I look forward to diving with the BC's in the future. I am sure I can learn something from each and everyone of you.

Kevin

Thanks for the post, Rick. I echo the hoorah for the no drama policy. It is a great thing you've done with the Beach Crabs, and I'm glad to see you continue to focus on your purpose to build a local beach diving community welcoming new divers. I know that coming out of OW I never would have met many of the great buddies I've come across without you and the Beach Crabs. Kudos to you, Rick!

My home computer is dead, so I missed all the drama! Doesn't sound like anyone is going to want to recap it, but let me also add my voice in support of a worthwhile endeavor (a.k.a. Beach Crabs). A dozen people stood above the crashing waves at Nicholas Cyn yesterday, staring longingly into the turbulent sea, knowing it was not to be. And yet, even at the early hour we spent time talking, laughing & enjoying each other's company. Long live the crabs!
-Tom

Rick, I am truly sorry for any damage I may have done, I now realized that I should have never replied to that thread. If there is anything I can do to repay the Beach Crabs, please let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom