nother BP question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
With the harness threaded though the plate, the harness seems very secure. I undersand that you are supposed to burn a hole in the harness at the top of the plate and bolt the harness to the plate. Were do you get the bolts for this?

I went to my local hardware store and didnt see anything that would work with out protruding to either chaf / cut my wetsuit or possabley the wing. especially when im trying to keep it to stainless steel.

If you have webbed it correctly the webbing crosses over the top bolt hole in the bp. So all you do is use a soldering iron to make a hole through the webbing lined up with the hole in the back plate.

Buy a grommet installation kit ( less than $20 ) and install a gromment in the webbing hole. This will keep the webbing from fraying, and it is just a cleaner way to do it.

if you need pics, just ask

Andy

If you are using a BP/W set up for doubles, the bolts for it will come with the band kit. They will hold the doubles together, then protrude enough to slide the wing over them, then the backplate. There should be enough thread sticking through the backplate channel to put wingnuts on, but not enough that it will poke you in the back.

If you are using singles, chances are you are using a STA (single tank adapter) and the adapter should have the bolts on it already.

If not, you can use stainless steel bolts from a hardware store. 5/16" diameter stainless steel 3/4" to 1" long should be sufficient.

HTH

and will agree it does look cleaner, I was not sure about the bolt or fastner used after you burn the hole or attach the grommet, but I understand from a previous post that it will be included with the STA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom