Not so impressed....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure why he wouldn't recognize a noise either though I remember a thread the other day, though can't find it now, where someone else had some vibration coming off the 2nd stage but it was mentioned for that particular reg (I think it was a mares proton ice if my memory serves me right), it vibrated when it was dry.

I dive with a few people from my shop and usually my repair guy is there too. Knowing his experience, and his knowledge, I would hate to pass judgement on this one incident. I've got a shallow dive in the morning (my deep dive is a week away) and will try it there. He said he would adjust it to my tastes if I still had complaints after this shallow dive so we'll see. At least he can probably adjust it there on the spot if I see a problem and I am taking my pony bottle in, just to get used to my set-up some more before my deep dive, so at least I feel confident that I have a backup (my Aeris is now for my pony).

on note.....I will bring up the vibrating thing to him again in the morning, one more time, to make sure that he wasn't just having an off day or that perhaps I wasn't explaining the situation right (not the world's best communicator here).

Thanks again

One last thing I just thought of. When I took the reg in for the 2nd stages to be rebuilt, I had short hoses on them. When I got my Apeks/USD setup back, I switched the 7ft hose off from my Aeris and put it on my Apeks/USD setup since the Apeks was going to be my main and the Aeris was going for my pony. I was wondering if the addition of this hose might have had something to do with it. The tech put my 7ft on the Aeris and I never asked if he did anything to tune it differently.

Negative on the hose exchange.It doesn't affect performance. Almost every reg will at some point vibrate when it is out of the water and being exhaled. I don't know why it would breathe hard though. It may just beout of adjustment. Good luck testing it out.

Pictures worth 1000 words...
thanks jonnythan.
hey rescuediver009, sorry I got your numbers mixed up.

jason

When I got out to our dive site, and hooked up my reg, it didn't vibrate anymore, so who knows about the vibration. It worked well when I got in the water and it doesn't necessarily breath hard, just didn't seem to have the ease of breath that my Aeris has, and I'm strictly speaking 2nd stages here. Unfortunately I only got a 25 minute dive because I had some fin problems yesterday but otherwise it was fine. My deep dive for my AOW is this weekend and we're going to Bainbridge for a Halloween get-to-gether with my shop so going to do some shallow dives and give it a few more work-outs before I take it deep. Thanks again guys for your comments and suggestions.

Actually any top line manufacturers regulators will work fine. As the latest test shows even budget regs can perform admirably. A lot of this is the technician that adjusts them and sets them for your comfort and diving requirements

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom