Not so Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright! Heat worked. I got the valve off. Took it apart and checked the o rings. They were all good.
There was some dirt in the system which I cleaned.
I reassembled the whole unit and connected the hose to it. Once I pressurized the system, the valve was working well (pushing air inside once depressed).

I noticed though that the valve was leaking air inside the suit constantly when I was not pressing the button. Nothing bit but I can hear air coming out inside the suit. I had to listen to it closely though and couldn't feel it on my hand.
Is that normal?

No, that's not normal. Try soaking the valve in hot water for a while them cycling the button a few times. If it still leaks, I would replace the valve.

It may also be a good idea to leak test the suit to make sure it's not the suit leaking as opposed to the valve.

I have the same leaky valve problem. I'm not leaking water though, so do a leak test.

Also check where the valve fits on the inside of the suit. Should be clean and smooth.

Ok so I soaked it for a while and moved it around. Still leaking.

Took it apart and soaked it again in pieces.
When I reassembled, I realized that the last guy that serviced it put some 006 o rings instead of 008. New o rings, clean body, doesn't leak anymore!

Last question, do I need to glue the little sticker back on top of the push button?

Thank you all so much!

Mine is sticker-less. It felt strange at first, but it's good now. I re-lubed my O-rings, and my leak is gone for now. I think I need to source some better O-rings.

what kind of lube do you use?

Back
Top Bottom