Not so Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I took the old Whites Bullet suit out for a couple of dives last weekend and the results were not so dry.

I got wet a bit in the front zipper/ inflator valve region. not enough to call the dive or get a full flood but enough that my undergarments were wet there.
I clean up the zipper as I'm not sure if the wax build up created a bad seal.
I also want to check out the inflator valve to see if there's something wrong with it. I can't get the freaking thing off. Am I missing something??? The dump valve I can unscrew with my hands and tighten good (never had a problem with that valve)
I just can't for the life of me unscrew the inflator one.

help?

What brand of valve is it? Some Apeks valves could be siliconed and tough to remove.

it has the whites bear on it. i'm not sure if that's enough for you to know.

Can you snap a pic of the valve and post it?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ok, that's a Si Tech valve. You should be able to grip it from the base(the part on the inside of the suit) and turn the outer piece and it will unscrew.

Hmmm, the next thing I would recommend would be to warm it gently with a heat gun and try to work it loose. Was the valve on there when you got the suit? Have you ever had it off?

I bought the suit used. I never removed the valve myself. i'll try the heat gun tonight. hopefully it will work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom