Not new here, just been awhile.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildbill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all my fellow Conchers.....

All you old timers should recognize my SB name, no excuse for being away so long, and no I wasn't serving time in prison. LOL I have just been busy with work and such and it got in the way of my dive time. :depressed: Anyway. I'm glad to be back and I'll try not to stray away again. I have some incentive this time...... My Agency (Charlotte County Sheriff's Office) for those that don't know or remember, is paying for my SSI Dive Con class. :D Only thing expected of me is that I have to go on my own time, sounds like a great deal to me. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress, I also rewarded myself with some new dive gear to celebrate, I bought an Areis Elite air integrated DC to log all my new dives on. :D:D If anyone has comments, tips or hints on my Dive Con class please feel free to share.

TTYL

Wildbill :police:

I assume the Department is paying because they intend to use you for Search and Recovery? If this is the case take PSD SAR diving classes not Recreational scuba classes. SAR diving is totally different than Rec Scuba. Rec skills used for SAR will easily get someone killed.

Hey Eric, I have PSD certification already and been on the SAR Dive Team for about 8 years now. I'm the team leader and according to Policy the TL will be Divemaster or equivalent. Since the LDS that we use is SSI based I'm taking the Dive Con class. I then will be helping out in the shop with OW classes and such making some extra change. It's a win win for me. :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom