Not just for women - coffee snob alert!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When we travel we really miss good coffee. I buy green beans, roast and then grind my own. We really miss having a good cup of coffee when we travel. So I went looking for a way to bring my coffee and brew it. I found something called the Primula Brew Buddy on amazon (two for $12). It's basically a hard rubber/silicone ring with a mesh basket suspended beneath it. You put your grounds into it and put it on top of your cup, pour the water over the grounds, give the grounds a gentle stir and wait 4 minutes for a good cup of joe. The Brew Buddy collapses to pack into any tight spot - about the size of a CD case.

Not having great coffee has never ruined a dive trip - don't get me wrong. But bringing along good coffee and a way to brew it will be nice. :java::)

I have a Cafflano Kompact I bring with me. Works very well.

upload_2017-12-20_16-47-17.png

Great, now I can stop carrying this along on my dive trips.

4DB46E74-0E34-4125-806B-CA686C2CA330.jpeg I usually try different coffees during travels as I could never understand the obsession with bringing food with me on a trip Found these tasty brew packs in Taiwan

Yes, @Shasta_man, I've tested it. Not as good as my French press, but still pretty darned good! Easy to clean too.

@StefinSB, I haven't seen a brew pack that made good coffee yet ... but maybe this is worth going to Taiwan to find it!!! :)

Cold brewed coffee. "Soak grinds in water overnight, press concentrate out in morning, dilute over ice or with hot water." Concentrate keeps for several days in frig. Fairly simple... One 5" cylinder with grinds inside to throw in bag, Aeropress $30. My brother switched to it for less acid upset. Does not boil the local water if that is a concern. Though you could first and that press is actually designed for normal not cold brew coffee.

My wife brings a french press. It is simple only needs hot water and ground coffee. Me, I am pretty happy with any old swill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom