Not just another boat dive for the logs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvilleStang

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So last night, Mike, his wife, Igodeep, his wife, my girlfriend, and another buddy of mine took off and headed to the old SCUBA park. We arrived, threw anchor, and suited up to dive. The dive was pretty amazing, since I hadn't been out there before and everything was just a little bigger than the stuff at Windy Point and Mansfield. Anyways, after we lost one of our foursome, we got everyone back together, did a tour of the park, and came back to the large houseboat. While hanging out on the back of the boat, I proposed to my girlfriend. To that point, I had convinced her it was going to be thanksgiving before I'd do it, so she was blown away, and could barely hold her composure to write <u>YES!</u> on the slate. Definitely took a lot of luck to pull this one off without getting caught, but was definitely a great end to the dive!

Very cool!

Congratulations! :)

That is just way to slick dude....CONGRATULATIONS!!! :wink:

Now if you had only had someone with a video camera and underwater housing around, you'd be set for that "cool proposals" show on TV.

Congratulations anyway!

Largest Underwater Wedding
The largest underwater wedding took place on September 13, 2003, when 105 divers (including the bride, groom and minister, Captain John Macy) submerged themselves completely in the waters of Rainbow Beach, St Croix, Virgin Islands, USA, to witness the marriage ceremony between Toni Wilson and John Santino.

A table was placed on the sea bed at a depth of about 3 m (10 ft), and witnesses signed a laminated guest registry ?using a waterproof pen. The event went smoothly with the exception of guests causing a minor visibility problem... when asked to kneel, guests disturbed the silty sea bed!

DiveNews.Com - Underwater World Records

Thanks. I have some pictures from underwater, but they're a little fuzzy thanks to the back scatter. But, hey, I look at it this way, it's hard to get sweaty palms underwater :D.

Congratulations, 'Stang! :D

But, hey, I look at it this way, it's hard to get sweaty palms underwater :D.

Congratulations to the two of you.

Willie

That was the best surprise I could ever ask for! I had no idea! It'll definately be a dive to remember! :D He didn't want to take the diamond ring down with him, so he made one out of an o-ring and Italian marble. It was so sweet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom