Not happy about Mares Force knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he3r0

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
im not very experienced diver, and i choose my equipment carefully,
couple days ago i`ve got mares force knife, i really liked it, nice, sharp,
nicely fit in hand. Right away I`ve placed it with included screws to my knighthawk BC
on the weight pocket.
(also included hose straps, and leg/arm straps)
tests on dry land came out nicely, my first dive with it today, not so great...
check equipment on the dock, step-in the water, and... knife is not there, quick look on the bottom, found it... I thought that it may be my bad, incorrectly inserted, lock not engaged... happends.... and i had it till the end of second dive...
sometime on the third dive I`ve lost it again, i have not used it, it was just sitting there,
there was notihg that could disturb it, i had console in my hand all the time (navigation class) so not even console could disturb it... im quite... knife was great, though sheet could not hold it? so if you buy one (knife is very nice) be sure to tie it down or something like that.

I'm looking into buying the Force Nano, and will certainly look after this issue once I have it. Which model did you choose?

Here's an idea, quit trying to look like rambo. Get a set of EMT shears mounted on your waist belt.

Here's an idea, quit trying to look like rambo. Get a set of EMT shears mounted on your waist belt.

where you said?
there is no "waist belt" on knighthawk... unless you were answering to zoranb than you could be a bit more specific when you answering. and try not being an ass when answering to others.

I am no expert on the knife. But I have accidentally hit the release on knives. Or maybe the sheath when flexed a certain way releases the knife.

All my knives now have a lanyard. It is bright line so in case I drop it in the kelp, I may be able to find it. I tuck the lanyard between the knife and the sheath so it will not get hooked on anything. May be able to think of someway to loop the lanyard through something in case the knife lock mechanism releases that the knife will not be lost.

Also write name and phone number on items. If found it can be returned. We have lost and found in SCUBABoard and SpearBoard California sections. May be able to post in your local section.

Duck tape. 'nuff said.

But on a more serious note, I have heard several other people talking about how the force collection does not stay in their sheaths. maybe time for the people at mares to take another look into the design

Same thing happened to me. Brand new Force Knife, 40 quid, attached it to my Mares BCD, jumped in, knife gone. Lucky I found it again, but now it's on a lanyard. Basically the sheath is poorly designed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom