Not exactly a SCUBA accident, but sort of

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had the ER miss small fractures three different times in my family. If it doesn't get better, please have someone else look at it.

Stupid gravity.

diver_paula:
Thank you for all the input and well wishes. The affected area has continued to grow but at a much slower pace. It does hurt and is swollen. The swelling has reduced quite a bit. & yes, it tingles. The doctor said that's caused by elevating the leg.

Paula

You are having quite the year so far! Get well soon!

PC

diver paula
sorry to hear about your leg
just a tip you come and dive in canada a lot did you know health cost are quite low , if your usa medical insurance will not pay
a er doc visit is less than 50 cdn
next time see a doc as fast as you can
how do I know years agao a man from mich was takeing a heart attack hand the er doc was telling him my fee is 28 cdn let look at you the wife gothim and the doc did his thing
I was in hospital with family and could here everything

s7595:
diver paula
sorry to hear about your leg
just a tip you come and dive in canada a lot did you know health cost are quite low , if your usa medical insurance will not pay
a er doc visit is less than 50 cdn
next time see a doc as fast as you can
how do I know years agao a man from mich was takeing a heart attack hand the er doc was telling him my fee is 28 cdn let look at you the wife gothim and the doc did his thing
I was in hospital with family and could here everything
Unfortunately, even in Canada a visit to the OR is more than $50 Cdn.
It must have been a while since you've heared it, isn't it? :wink:

Thanks for the words of warning, and I'm glad everything turned out OK.

Hello all.

Just thought I'd give a quick status report.

It's been 3.5 weeks since I fell and injured my leg and developed cellulitis. The coloring and swelling have diminished but are still present. The pain has also reduced. I can walk / stand with no problem but after about 20minutes the swelling is back and the leg hurts again. 3.5 weeks of elevating the leg and I can finally go back to work tomorrow. Although, I was told to pretend I was the big boss, lean back in my chair and prop my foot on the desk as much as possible.

I don't believe anything is broken. During the past week the pain in my knee is greatly diminished. & I can kneel without wincing.

Another interesting thing is that the July / August 'Alert Diver' magazine has an article about a diver that developed cellulitis while Thailand. I luckily didn't get run over by a chase boat while in the water or need stitches on my other foot. Other than that, the stories sound very similar. & my leg was much more 'colorful' than the the diver's pictured in the magazine.

The best is that I did get back into the water this past Saturday. The leg had it after about 30 minutes. & I certainly needed to elevate it afterwards. Next step is to get back on a dive ladder.

Paula

i'm glad you are getting better, but still... take care of that leg

Back
Top Bottom