Not enough Velcro on cam band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For comparison purposes, in case it is helpful - my wife has a 10 years old or so express tech. I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as your old one with a 35 lb wing, she just doesn't use cam band pockets.

The strap itself is about 39.5" long: 4" of metal ring and buckle, 33" of strap and 2.25" of that little extension velcro.

The fuzzy velcro itself starts about 16 inches from the extension end (again, including the extension) and is at least 11 inches long (it dissappears behind the soft plate).

When strapped onto an AL80, there's about 8" of strap, including the little velcro extension on the end, sticking out of the buckle. ALL of it matches up with the fuzzy velcro in the middle of the strap. Yours looks like there's barely 5" sticking out of the buckle.

If you haven't figured it out yet, might be worth posting a pic of the strap routing through the buckle and the strap "attachment" to the soft plate / wing.

If you think a picture of something on my wife's ET would be helpful - let me know.

For comparison purposes, in case it is helpful - my wife has a 10 years old or so express tech. I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as your old one with a 35 lb wing, she just doesn't use cam band pockets.

The strap itself is about 39.5" long: 4" of metal ring and buckle, 33" of strap and 2.25" of that little extension velcro.

The fuzzy velcro itself starts about 16 inches from the extension end (again, including the extension) and is at least 11 inches long (it dissappears behind the soft plate).

When strapped onto an AL80, there's about 8" of strap, including the little velcro extension on the end, sticking out of the buckle. ALL of it matches up with the fuzzy velcro in the middle of the strap. Yours looks like there's barely 5" sticking out of the buckle.

If you haven't figured it out yet, might be worth posting a pic of the strap routing through the buckle and the strap "attachment" to the soft plate / wing.

If you think a picture of something on my wife's ET would be helpful - let me know.
Thanks. Here's the upper and lower ones.

Attachments

• C3EFB254-A2B3-4522-BFDB-0E1918512A55.jpeg
    C3EFB254-A2B3-4522-BFDB-0E1918512A55.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 66
  • C09580AA-5DB6-4060-A5DD-C834EB143B27.jpeg
    C09580AA-5DB6-4060-A5DD-C834EB143B27.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 68
Very odd - nothing looks wrong - other than strap itself looking very short. Did you measure it?

edit - are you sure you're not somehow passing the strap through the buckle one too many times? Seems like you're losing 2-3 inches of strap somewhere - though I admit I spent like 10 mins in the basement failing to figure out how it would even be possible to get extra strap looped around the buckle.

Very odd - nothing looks wrong - other than strap itself looking very short. Did you measure it?

edit - are you sure you're not somehow passing the strap through the buckle one too many times? Seems like you'r elosing 2-3 inches of strap somewhere
Thanks again. I actually threaded the buckles exactly how Zeagle showed in an old video on assembling an Express Tech. Seems that the straps are a little too short. I contacted Huish (say what you will about companies acquiring companies, but their customer service has been fantastic in my experience) and she had me measure the webbing part of the strap, saying it should be 36". The 2" webbing on mine is about 32". They're sending me new ones under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom