Not a Sea-Hunter but love the gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duckbill:
You will find it in the SIO (Scripps Institution of Oceanography) reference 53-28, "Overhauling The Aqualung", text (pg 4, "disassembling procedure", step 2; and pg 8, "assembling procedure", step 16), and Figure 2 (on pg 3). This is for the "Broxton" Aqua-Lung, ca.1953.

If you don't have a copy, you can see it in pdf at:
http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/downloads/Scripps_Overhaul.pdf

That is a very old design diaphragm used on the early Broxtron Ave regulators and I think it is a rubber coated fabric which does not have the molded in gasket like the later all rubber diaphragms. I have never personally seen one. I have never seen a gasket used on the all rubber diaphragms. That text is dated 1953.

They probably were coated fabric.
My point was that it gave my friend the idea to have some made when he had a band clamp which wasn't tightening enough. They are made, but unfortunately he has back trouble and hasn't been able to water-test the idea. The clamp tightens down enough, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. At least he wouldn't have to put ugly crimps around the edges.
By the way, Nemrod, the gasket went over the diaphragm between the diaphragm and bottom box.

Anyhow, I'm curious to see how 'novicediver's' quest for a double hose regulator is going. Any luck?

Thanks for asking, I am still searching but I live in Colorado and so I am limited here but I do scour the many dive shops we have around here. It may be a slow process but that is ok, I am not in a huge hurry but I do plan to get one by Christmas.

Well don't count on Santa. He lives in an even MORE "limited" place!

Good luck. Don't give up on eBay. Every once in a while the big fish let the little fish play too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom