Nose pain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all for your answer.
Unfrotunately I'm in Haïti for the next months so will not go to an ENT doctor now, but as soon as I'm back to Europe will go to check that.
Will keep you update and will also pay more attention on the "symptom" next times I dive...

From what you've described, it sounds like you're trapping some air that expands on ascent but eventually vents out. My bet is that you've got an anatomic/structural issue, maybe polyps, maybe something else. I think it would be a good idea to see an ENT and at least get checked. I'd be interested to hear what you find out, so if you don't mind, could you follow up here or via private message? Also, if any other related problems come up, please don't hesitate to PM me or post here.

DDM is right that a good examination is worth a lot in situations like this. You can PM me as well if you want a local referral.

The fact that the outside of your nose is sensitive to the touch, that the symptoms resolve soon after the dive, that you have no nasal symptoms at baseline (like nasal obstruction or recurrent sinus infections) all make me think that this is more likely a pressure/contact issue, or possibly a skin irritation issue than something internal. Does it happen if you manage to get a good seal and don't have any water in your mask?

Mike

Hi!
I'm back in the civilisaton and went to see an ENT.
I'm all fine, nothing, so you may be right that it is a mask squezze?
Even if I don't feel it I dont se any other option.
Will try to try other mask to see if I feel the same...
Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom