Norway or Iceland Next April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Khon_Nan:
yes Norway is cool, but iceland is world class! Thingvallir lake in iceland is my best dive ever. crystal clear water ( drinkable ). Visibility 150m plus. Imagine beeing around 35 m ( 100ft) and feeling a little thirsty, no prob, just take out your reg, and take a sip of the water!! water is quite cold though around 2 degrees C.
And YES, iceland is expensive, but worth it

Yeah, I bet it's cool. And it's cold! -And it's -one- dive... I've heard someone spotted a trout there once. Other than that it's pretty sterile. I'm quite sure I would enjoy the sensation of floating in crystalclear viz like that, but I'm not all for going all that way, paying a lot of money (organized diving is mandatory. It's 100% business...) just for one single dive. A lot of people do though.

So if you find Norway cool, but not world class, you and I have a different perspective on diving! :D

PS! I take a sip or three on every excercise dive in my local lake. It's also our local drinking water anyway, so...

Hi there, I live in Iceland and have been diving for about 5 years now. I've heard from people that have visited Iceland and tried out our sites that they leave happy and are eager to come back. The only drawback is our high prices but as with every place on earth you can live cheap if you set your mind to it. If you dont mind the cold here you'll find it a wonderfull world. Here are some websites to help you out.

www.diveIceland.com

http://dive.is/

The divers that wrote the article in Diver magazine used the latter service, dive.is to guide them around. Personally I'd use www.diveiceland.com as I've had dealings with both and know them but its all up to you.

For info on the ferrie that goes from Iceland to Europe you can email:
info@smyril-line.is

If you do decide to come then you have to visit Silfrur. http://kafarinn.is/silfra.htm
One of my favorite spots.

Back
Top Bottom