Northern Virgina SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sieger

Reaction score
I'm currently considering relocation from Florida to northern VA (Herndon area). Can anyone recommend dive shops or dive clubs located in the area?

Thanks, John

You will be happy at 20 or 30 feet VIZ and from 30 to 75 F Temp in the local quarry. Oh! One more thing there are 3 or 4 kind of fish (fresh water) too. Yes, most diver of this area may don't like the local diving condition, but some of them DO loves include me.

Here're some info.
The Millbrook Quarry (www.thediveshop-va.com/millbrook_quarry.htm)
Lake Rawlings (www.lakerawlings.com)
MT. Storm (www.deepwater.org/asa/scuba/mt-storm.html)
Dutch Springs (www.dutchsprings.com)
Wreck Diving in VA Beach, VA and Ocean City, MD

Adventure Scuba Company (www.scubava.com)
Virginia Scuba (www.vascuba.com)
The Dive Shop( www.thediveshop-va.com)
Aquatic Adventures (www.my-town.com/learn2dive/educ.asp)
Splash Dive Center, Inc. (www.splashdivecenter.com)

Check out our area on the board for a lot of info on the types of local diving and semi-local diving. There are people diving pretty much every weekend, so you will not be hurting for dive buddies if you move up here.

Give us a holler when you get in town and want to get wet...we can meet at one of the local watering holes and show you around.

http://www.scubaboard.com/f59/s

There are a couple local dive clubs, but the only one I am familiar with is this one:

www.dcdiver.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom