Northern NY diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had problems with Hunt's webpage in the past too. Give them a call rather than trying to get through with the e-mail. If Moe Hunt is not available then his his wife (?Irene) or his son Chris also help run his shop. You should be able to schedule a dive trip without a problem. If you want to avoid boat dives then the shore dives mentioned above are enjoyable and a nice change of pace. Have fun!

Soggy:
What is there besides that little Radeau thing? I'm in that area frequently.
There is some nice diving in Lake George, depends on what you are looking for. Hearthstone Park has a nice beach entry area and there is a sunken plane, car and boat as well as a bouyancy course, a line at 15-20' etc. Some nice rock areas and fish. Rogers Rock Park has some really nice diving with huge boulders and the slide area, some good depths available there as well. On the other side from Hearthstone there is another beach area with a submerged inboard boat by the YMCA camp. Then if you are boat diving there are lots of great dive areas out there, not a lot of wrecks but some nice walls, etc.

I'm primarily interested in wrecks, even if they are at technical depths ( up to 170' or so). A car and buoyancy course doesn't thrill me too much. :) Wall dives could be interesting...I've dived Thompsons Point wall in Lake Champlain and that was a fun dive to do once or twice, even though it's like being on the moon with nothing but bare rock to keep you company.

lorien:
There is some nice diving in Lake George, depends on what you are looking for. Hearthstone Park has a nice beach entry area and there is a sunken plane, car and boat as well as a bouyancy course, a line at 15-20' etc. Some nice rock areas and fish. Rogers Rock Park has some really nice diving with huge boulders and the slide area, some good depths available there as well. On the other side from Hearthstone there is another beach area with a submerged inboard boat by the YMCA camp. Then if you are boat diving there are lots of great dive areas out there, not a lot of wrecks but some nice walls, etc.

Are there any good dive shops in the Lake George area, especially ones that do local trips? Depending on the weekend, I'm wanting to maybe do a day trip one saterday in July but'll need gear and people to dive with. Thanks for the information.

lmghsowl:
Are there any good dive shops in the Lake George area, especially ones that do local trips? Depending on the weekend, I'm wanting to maybe do a day trip one saterday in July but'll need gear and people to dive with. Thanks for the information.

I'm from Albany, and there is a dive shop on central that does trips up to lake george.
http://www.divingdiscovery.com/

The place to contact in the Lake George area is Rich Morin's Dive Center. http://www.morinsdivecenters.com
Great people, very helpful & firendly, etc. They are in Glens Falls which is just south of Lake George.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom