North Florida Diving 2-21-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darcy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have Presidents Day off. I want to dive! Anyone want to come with? I'm willing to do the springs or a charter. We could try the Jetties if the tides are right. Please help, I'm starting to dry out!

Can't go, but I can give you tidal info...

St. Andrews high tide at 7:44 in the PM
Destin Jeddies high tide at 8:48 in the PM
Ft. Pickens Jeddies high tide at 7:52 in the PM(road won't be fixed until nearer July anyway)
Perdido Pass(AL) high tide will run closer to 8:45-9PM

Navarre closed their pier off for hurricane damage, from what I understand you can dive it day and night now. They use to keep it open to fishermen during the day and you could only dive it at night - since the pier is closed(last I heard and last time I've been there) it should be divable throughout the day.

Don't know if you want to go as far as Gulf Shores, but you can dive the Whiskey during any tide period :) However, I'm not sure if its covered or not - wouldn't mind going out this weekend to see if I could find it - if I could find a buddy :D

Chartering a boat may be the better idea if you are looking for salt, course, there are always the springs!

If water levels drop as predicted, the river that Morrison feeds into will have dropped to about 6.5' by Presidents Day. Thats usually enough to dive with 10-20' of visibility. It won't be the crystal clear blue water you may want, but it would be the brown/green clearish water thats atleast diveable :wink:

Then again, weather forecasters are calling for rain Sat and Sun - with any luck that water won't drain into the river until late Monday or Tuesday... Course, if they call for rain when we dive in that area, you can almost count on blue skies and sunshine going by our past experiences!

I'm thinking a night dive at the Jetties would be fun, just not sure how long Waterdawg wants to stay in town. If all else fails there is always Vortex. Thanks for the info SBM. Too bad you couldn't switch Fat Tuesday for Presidents day!

Nope, Im not doing Vortex! Will do a night dive or whatever it takes but no Vortex for me. Im really looking forward to monday (thats wierd!), right now ANY diving not in Cypress or Vortex is new to me and I love new sites.

darcy:
Too bad you couldn't switch Fat Tuesday for Presidents day!

Even if I could, would I? :wink: Mardi Gras is my Christmas!

WaterDawg:
Nope, Im not doing Vortex!

LOL! Vortex isn't THAT bad! :D I wouldn't want to dive it every weekend, or even every month but I'll gladly dive it every so often :D

...it did have a lot less fish poop though...

Well the day were great, Darcy got some new gear and showed me around.

We later dove the Jetti and the current was AWSOME, the fasted drift dive ever. Thats all Im saying.

I had a blast. It was a full moon, what a beautiful night! I love the phosphorescence, very sparkly. WaterDawg, I'm glad you got to see PC. Next time bring the Jet ski if you can, there is so much more of the bays to explore.

That was fast, jeeze. Thanks for braving the elements with me!

So you guys dove Morrison and PCB Jeddies? Nice, I'm jealous!

How was the visibility at Morrison?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom