North Carolina, what's it like

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stereotype my friend.

You clearly haven't met enough of us, nor have you spent ANY time in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill. And remember, the whole state went blue this last election, not red. I'm pretty sure no one would call me conservative.

Second that. You should spend some time my family.

I'll let you guys know when I'm coming down and we can all go diving!

Last edited:
I'll let you guys know when I'm coming down and we can all go diving!

Come on down :D

Who is/are your preferred operator/s?

I've become partial to The Flying Fish out of Hatteras.

I'm partial to anything south of Cape Lookout. I have been out with nearly all of them in Morehead, I like Discovery and Diver Down the best. Olympus is great but their boats are too big. I've only been out with Aquatic Safaris in Wilmington and they were great.

rubbachicken I live here in Morehead City N.C what a great place to live on the coast of N.C. we have a lot of great diving here the best off shore diving inshore is not to bad we have our own boats set up for diving if you need a dive charter check out Olympus Dive Center they are located on the waterfront here in Morehead City that is our LDS if anyone wants to make a dive with me and my dive buddies let me know just chip in gas thats all we ask.

I've only been out with Aquatic Safaris in Wilmington and they were great.

I've never been with Aquatic Safaris yet, but one of my regular dive buddies likes these guys as much as the Flying Fish.

I've had good experiences with a few of the operators out of Beaufort. They do run the big 'cattle call' boats, but usually this is all we can find on short notice. We tend to look at the NOAA reports for the upcoming weekend and we'll make the call to go down for the weekend on Thursday or Friday. We haven't been blown out yet, but we've definitely run into the 'unable to find a spot thing'.

My buddy has a boat that we'll trailer to FL and we've actually made the run to Bimini in, but we don't feel comfortable enough to use off of NC. It is an 18 CC with a single engine.

Also lots of good quarry and lake diving in central NC.It's nice to be able to grab your gear,dive,and be back home in an afternoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom