Normoxic trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds fun (seriously), but I'll take your word for it on that 39.
I've experienced a smidge over 40, but had the pleasure of keeping my mask on :p

One other point even if you have all the knowledge and skills you may still need to card to do some charters and get gas in some places.

I could probably tell a 70 bottle from a 20 bottle without a mask, even if my team was unable to assist me. Deeper than that is anyone's guess.
But could you tell your bottle from mine.................?

If you don't want to spend the money on the He, what is the point of the trimix training in the first place?

BTW, if you already have the AND card, the Trimix card should cost less than $1K US around here. Gas included.

Tom

BTW, if you already have the AND card, the Trimix card should cost less than $1K US around here. Gas included.

*sigh*

Thanks, Tom. You've just ruined my day. :D

Still, a flight to the US/Canada is still NZ$3k+ from here..... so total cost still NZ$4k. There are a couple of instructors in Canada and the US I'd like to have done a course with, but the only time I get to travel to that part of the world is for work or to visit family, neither of which are condusive to taking 5 days out of the schedule to go diving.....

But could you tell your bottle from mine.................?

Yah. Unlike yours, mine is attached to me.

If you don't want to spend the money on the He, what is the point of the trimix training in the first place?

Tom

I didnt say I wouldnt spend the money on gas. I did say I wouldnt bother using it on the Lermontov wreck which has a MAX depth or 37meters.

I would guess I would probably do a half dozen Tx dives a year once certified.

One other point even if you have all the knowledge and skills you may still need to card to do some charters and get gas in some places.

Thats not such an issue.
I can source the gas and I own a boat.

At this stage I am probably go with one of the cheaper local normoxic Tx courses.

Can anyone recommend any good reading on Tx?

Thanks for all your input.

The GUE Tech 1 manual has some really good info, but is horribly edited. One entire section is repeated verbatim in the next chapter.

The TDI book is much prettier, but had nothing of value printed in it.

Back
Top Bottom