Noob needs some wetsuit speedy help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've recently started diving and have bought my own wetsuit as I'm not a fan of rentals. I very luckily had my purchase upgraded to a 7mm Waterproof W2. BUT I'm having problems with fit. It is nice and snug all over but at the shoulders and upper arms is pretty tight. I can move my arms O.K but my shoulders just don't seem right. Its also gets a bit tight when putting on fins

My question is, is my suit too small or as it is perfect everywhere else just suck it up.

I have a couple of dives booked in in three days and once I've dived in there is no exchange

I would go back to your LDS (if that is where you purchased it) try on the larger size and see how it fits . My Pinnacal moreno 5m his a littal tight in some spots put ones I get in the water it getts a little more comfortable . The siute relaxes with all the water it has obsorbed .

I agree with Krawlings. Go and try on a larger size at the LDS. I have the same suit as Krawlings and it feels tight out of the water also, but as soon as I get into the water it loosens up and is very comfortable. Remember suits aren't supposed to be loose fitting. The tighter the fit=less water that enters. You just don't want it so tight that your face is turning red when you are wearing it or your hands/feet get a tingling feeling. I would also try it in the water. I think you will be surprised how the suit feels once in the water. Even if you use it, most suits (at least Pinnacle) offers like a 30 day garantee.

Definitely try the next larger size. I tried on a Waterproof Aries in a medium... according to the chart, that was my size. It fit just as you explained. Very snug like a second skin but I could not bend over comfortably. Tight by the shoulders. I tried the next larger size (ML) and it was perfect! The suit will shift and "loosen" up a little when wet, but there should be a certain amount of comfort when the suit is dry. You should be able to bend over and move without discomfort.

Are you able to fully inflate your lungs without constriction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom