Noob in the Great White North

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erku

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all! My wife and I just completed our PADI OW cert in Victoria, B.C., as well as a short drysuit orientation course. Grand total of 4 dives, with a total bottom time of less than 2 hours, under my belt, but I can already tell I want to be addicted to this hobby.

Anyone else in the flatlands of Canada, or somewhere similar, who could offer some advice about local diving? I don't want to have to drive to the ocean all the time, but I've heard that at these high altitudes there are other factors to worry about... would that be a concern, given that my wife and I are mostly inclined to make shallow dives just to get the hang of buoyancy and such?

Cheers! Nice to meet you all!

Can't say that I'm from Canada, but 27 years ago when I was stationed in Alaska I was first certified. I was wonderful diving for a 19 year old kid, and I was hooked after that. I have never done any altitide diving but if I am not mistaken, there are some dive computers you can set for your elevation. Someone with more experience in this area could probably tell you more. Welocme to the sport and I hope you enthusiasm doesn't wane.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom