non-working computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lplace

Reaction score
I am trying to find someone with a non-working computer that they would like to get rid of. I am fixing to buy my 1st computer and Suunto has a $100 off trade in special for an older computer
working or not. Please contact me if you have anything.

Logan

I don't need no stinkin' computer, I still dive the old Navy tables. I do have an old dive watch I bought at Wally-World for $25 that still works just fine, if that will help on the trade-in (just kidding).

This brings up an excellent question for first time dive computer buyers. What one do I get? Conservative or Liberal on the programs? Which brands? Air integrated or not? How do I find out what I need?

Oops, that was more than one question.:)

Sealskin if yer gonna rot yer brain go all the way! Get an Air-integrated, they are way cool. Everything you need is right where you're looking.

I've only had 2 - a ScubaPro EDI sport and a Suunto Cobra. Of the 2 I prefer the Cobra. The compass is alot better (I sent the ScubaPro one back when I got it). It's easy to read. The main screen gives you: current depth; max depth; air time remaining (how long before you reach 500psi at your current breathing rate); NDL time remaining and elapsed dive time. And if you get the download interface from Jamiei you can spend the whole winter figuring out cool stuff about your diving habits.

were you thinking of getting a Cobra? I haven't compared models too much, as I don't want to cough up (gag gag) the money right now.

Dez...the Cobra sounds like it has a good main display (I need the remaining time to 500 psi :D). I just didn't want to get one that would lock out if it was, omg, VIOLATED! But you could always go back to diving the tables after a reasonable off-gass time if it did.

No, I am gonna get the Viper, want the cobra but already have a spg and don't need to spend the extra money.

Logan

Back
Top Bottom