Non-Wet Macro Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mooseman1007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys, probably a stoopid question but is it possible to use normal macro lens such as those from hoya/cokin etc. If I sandwich the lens between 2 UV filters or the similar to act as protection and to provide an air gap either side of the macro lens.

You can use a closeup kit diopters. I use a +4 diopter for macro inside my housing. But the more glass on the lens the poorer the quality so one piece or maybe two pieces of glass at the most

Unfortunately there is no screw thread on the lens of either camera (Pana TZ10 and Fuji F100) so will need adapter for external lenses but I can get non-wet lenses for 1/5 the price of a wet mount lens....worth a try or a waste of time?

Waste of time. You will get at most a 10% increase in magnification. Wet lenses are designed for wet use, the interface between the elements controls the magnification.
Bill

Damn, was afraid of that.
so whats the most cost effective way of adding better close up ability to my compacts? I have already ordered the 67mm front port adapters for both cameras, so just need to get an addon so I can take some piccies of those tiny little pygmy seahorses when we get to Bali in September

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom